This new course gives students an insight into the glamorous world of hairdressing and Beauty. Fantastic new photos reinforce key skills and help build confidence as students` move from classroom to salon.
Even more user-friendly with clear signposts to highlight key information.
· Written in an easy-to-follow style using everyday language relevant to Level 1.
· Packed with extra advice and tips to help support the learning of key skills.
· An extended section on Health and Safety ensures you have everything you need to cover the course.
There are no previous skills or qualifications required to register for this course.
- Written by a team of experienced authors so you can be sure the content is relevant, pitched at the right level and of the highest quality.
- Content is closely matched to the learning outcomes and assessment criteria for the main awarding bodies so learners can be confident that everything is covered.
- Each unit is presented in topic spreads and designed with a variety of learning styles and abilities in mind, making the content even more accessible.
- Covers 14 units - enough for completion of a full Level 1 Diploma.
- Contains a variety of engaging, active and practical activities to cater for the differing needs of all your learners.
All about hair
In the workplace
Unit G1: Ensure your own actions reduce risks to health and safety
Unit G2: Assist with salon reception duties
Unit G3: Contribute to the development of effective working relationships
Unit H5: Prepare for hairdressing services and maintain work areas
Unit H1: Shampoo and condition hair
H2-4: Assist with perming, relaxing and colouring treatments including African-Carribean h
What qualification is awarded upon completion?
Every successful student will be awarded the Intro Certificate in Hairdressing
How long will this course take to complete and do I have to complete within a certain time?
Students can register for this course at any time. Average completion time is approximately 50 hours overall, however you may take as long as you wish to complete. There is no time limit at all.
· Unlimited email support (Monday to Friday)
This course comes enclosed in a study bag enabling you to transport your course anywhere you wish. Giving you total flexibility.
What if I need to ask a question relating to my course?
All students can email student support with any questions they may have from Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm.
How is my Coursework assessed?
You will be required to submit your assignments via email .Once received it will be assessed by student support and a report issued on your progress with any relevant comments. Three grades can be achieved PASS, MERIT or DISTINCTION. All assignments can be re-submitted for regrading if necessary. For practical assignments you will need plenty of willing friends and family to practice on.
Will I be required to sit an exam?
This course is completed using continual assessment allowing us to closely monitor your progress. Therefore no examination is required.