This is a very comprehensive, creative course in professional make-up. Containing special emphasis on creativity and developing individual styles and skills.
· Full-colour step-by-step procedures and drawings clearly show the processes candidates need to go through to create a range of different looks.
· Contains mapping showing how the course relates to VTCT, ITEC and BTEC Make-up qualifications.
Have ever wondered what’s involved in becoming a make up artist?
If yes, then this is the course for you. Gain a fantastic insight into this very exciting profession.
There are no previous skills or qualifications required to register for this course.
· Careers and opportunities in make-up artistry
· Health and safety
· Establishing positive relationships
· Anatomy and physiology
· Developing the artistic eye
· Professional studies
· Cosmetic techniques
· Designing and creating fashion and photographic images
· Cosmetic camouflage
· Techniques for creating special effects
· Body art
· Hairstyling for the make-up artist
· Maintaining wigs and hairpieces
· Looking back: the history of make-up and hairstyling
· Advanced techniques for the make-up artist
What qualification is awarded upon completion?
Every successful student will be awarded the Certificate in Make Up Artistry.
How long will this course take to complete and do I have to complete within a certain time?
Students can register for this course at any time. Average completion time is approximately 50 hours overall, however you may take as long as you wish to complete. There is no time limit at all.
What is included in the price of my course?
· Official course manual.
· A4 ring binder
· Blank CD for storing coursework.
· Plain A4 paper.
· Pen and pencil.
· Freepost Envelopes.
· Unlimited email support (Monday to Friday)
This course comes enclosed in a study bag enabling you to transport your course anywhere you wish. Giving you total flexibility.
What if I need to ask a question relating to my course?
All students can email student support with any questions they may have from Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm.
How is my Coursework assessed?
You will be required to submit your assignments via email or alternatively you can use the freepost envelopes supplied in your study pack. (Freepost available to UK students only). Once received it will be assessed by student support and a report issued on your progress with any relevant comments. Three grades can be achieved PASS, MERIT or DISTINCTION. All assignments can be re-submitted for regrading if necessary. For practical assignments you will need plenty of willing friends and family to practice on.
Will I be required to sit an exam?
This course is completed using continual assessment allowing us to closely monitor your progress. Therefore no examination is required.