In this course we look in depth at Advertising, one of the main tools of contemporary marketing communications of the promotional mix.
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- compare and contrast the different views about how advertising might work
- evaluate the issues in designing and implementing advertising messages
- understand the different types of media available for delivering advertising messages
- appreciate the key issues involved in media selection and planning
- apply the different approaches to evaluating advertising.
You will be required to read the following chapters from the textbook:
Marketing Communications: Contexts, Contents and Strategies, Chris Fill (1999) second edition, Hemel Hempstead: Prentice Hall Europe. This textbook is not included with the course and should be purchased or borrowed.
Chapter 13: Advertising: How it Might Work
Chapter 14: Advertising Messages
Chapter 15: The Media
Chapter 16: Media Planning - Delivering the Message
Chapter 17: Evaluating Advertising
- What is Advertising?
- Theories and Models
- Message Design
- Media Planning
- Elements of Media Planning
- Concepts and Techniques in Media Planning
- Evaluating and Controlling Advertising
- Tutor-marked Question Paper
There is no experience or previous qualifications required for enrolment on this course. It is available to all students, of all academic backgrounds.
This is only an approximate figure and is dependant upon how much time you can dedicate to your studies and how well you grasp the learning concepts in the course material. Furthermore, at the end of each lesson there is a question paper that needs to be completed and returned to your tutor. You should allow at least 1 - 2 hours of study to complete each question paper.
The approximate amount of time required to complete the course is: 20 hrs.
After each lesson there will be a question paper, which needs to be completed and submitted to your personal tutor for marking. This method of continual assessment ensures that your personal tutor can consistently monitor your progress and provide you with assistance throughout the duration of the course.
- All study materials
- Study Guide
- Full Tutor and Admin support
On completion of your course, you will receive two certificates:
Certificate 1 is issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges: Advertising (Byte Size Skills Course) Certificate
Advertising (Byte Size Skills Course) Certificate issued by Stonebridge Associated Colleges, to view a sample of the college’s award, please click here.