Clear information on the latest issues in child protection
This course offers clear and up-to-date information on the latest legislation and guidelines in child protection. It will be useful for students on Level 3 and 4 Childcare courses, primary teachers, classroom assistants and play workers.
· A complete and up-to-date course on child protection practices and procedures.
· Contains clear explanations of the Assessment Framework and child protection conferences.
· Explores the role of early year’s practitioners in relation to child protection.
There are no previous skills or qualifications needed to register for this study programme.
This course consists of the following units. Assignments are submitted during and after each one.
- Child Protection - context and background
- The legal framework for child protection
- Recognition of harm
- Framework for the assessment of children in need and their families
- The child protection process
- The child protection conference and the child protection register
- Safeguarding children together
- Lessons from inquiries
- References and further reading
- Useful addresses and websites
How long will this course take to complete and do I have to complete within a certain time?
Students can register for this course at any time. Average completion time is approximately 80 hours overall, however you may take as long as you wish to complete. There is no time limit at all.
What qualification is awarded upon completion?
Every successful student will be awarded the Certificate in Child Protection Level 2.
What is included in the price of my course?
· Official course manual.
· A4 ring binder
· Blank CD for storing coursework.
· Plain A4 paper.
· Pen and pencil.
· Freepost Envelopes.
· Unlimited email support (Monday to Friday)
This course comes enclosed in a study bag enabling you to transport your course anywhere you wish. Giving you total flexibility.
What if I need to ask a question relating to my course?
All students can email student support with any questions they may have from Monday to Friday 9am - 9pm.
How is my Coursework assessed?
You will be required to submit your assignments via email or alternatively you can use the freepost envelopes supplied in your study pack. (Freepost available to UK students only). Once received it will be assessed by student support and a report issued on your progress with any relevant comments. Three grades can be achieved PASS, MERIT or DISTINCTION. All assignments can be re-submitted for re-grading if necessary.
Will I be required to sit an exam?
This course is completed using continual assessment. Allowing us to closely monitor your progress. Therefore no examination is required.